Intranets can benefit all types of organisations - from businesses with only a handful of employees to large international enterprises.
The specific advantages will depend on the type of solution chosen but the primary benefits generally include:
The intranet system is the largest single project Lizard Design has developed and includes the following sections.
- Reduced costs - thanks to decreased printing and paper requirements, improved communication, shared software and more efficient utilisation of staff time arising from quicker access to information.
- Improved productivity - through access to a single central repository of data, reducing duplication and improving accuracy when dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Increased security - due to information sharing and e-mail traffic over an internal private network, rather than the public channel of the Internet.
- Better customer service - thanks to quicker more accurate access to customer account details and pricing and product information.
- Scalability - because of the flexible nature of intranets it's easy to add additional users and increased capacity at relatively modest cost.
- Search function
- Automatic web link and email link
- Adding multiple contacts to one company
- All entries time and user stamped using log in information
- Short cut filtering e.g. clicking “a” will filter contacts and companies beginning with “a”
- Link to projects
- Automatic date entry
- "Taken by" automatically added by User Login Details
- Callers' details automatically filled in by selecting from drop down menu
- Search Function
- Link to projects
- Non returned and returned calls listings
- Returned call comments box
- SMS text messaging option for urgent calls
- Directly linked to task manager
- Show outstanding tasks
- Show completed tasks
- Show urgent tasks
- Linked documents
- Linked calls
- Linked contacts
- Linked expenses
- Task dates filtering for reports
- Accumulative time reporting i.e. time spent on project to date against originally set time
- Project Details
- Project Report
- Track time spent each day for each task
- Time spent on each task will be shown in Project Listing section
- Total time will be shown in Project Listing section
- Weekly time sheets can be printed for all users
- Hours left for task shown when selecting task
- Add/edit/delete expenses by task
- Total expenses shown in Project Listing section
- Directly linked to User Manager (for assigning task list)
- Tasks shown by User Login Details
- Standard and urgent tasks
- Tasks can be re-assigned to another user
- Task posted date
- Task completed date
- Automatic email when assigned task
- Automatic email sent to assignee when task is completed
- Directly linked to contacts
- Completed Task Comment
- Hours allotted to project
The user info sections hold information regarding all users that have been added to the system and have a username and password for login purposes.
- Personal Information only visible to administrators
- Send mail direct to other users
- Latest news story added to front page of Intranet
- Easy to add/edit/delete news stories with images
- Document status - open field for comments on document i.e. “being updated”
- Document Search – by title and bespoke search field
- Notification sending – if ticked an email will be sent to all users indicating a new document has been uploaded
- Create folders to structure documents
- Delete or Move functions
- “Posted by” automatically added by User Login Details
- Date Posted